Friday, July 11, 2014

Who Owns a GoPro Camera?

GoPro cameras have been all the rage since its debut in 2004. In fact, the company sold 2.3 million cameras in 2012 alone (Mac 2013).  The versatile camera is built to endure surfing, sky diving, and other hardcore activities at a reasonable price. At first glance, GoPro, Inc. may seem to be more of a niche business, focusing only on these surfers or skydivers. However, the overwhelming amount of these action cameras sold each year says otherwise. Moreover, at the beginning of July, GoPro, Inc. went public (Graham 2014).

So who is buying a GoPro camera? 

1. Sports/Action Enthusiasts

2. Police, Firemen, U.S. Military include these cameras into training exercises. 

3. Movie Directors, Bloggers, YouTubers, Etc. 
YouTuber, Charles Trippy, CTFxC

4. Marine Biologist, Astronauts, and beyond

These are just a few examples of GoPro consumers. Because of the durability and high quality, the market for these action cameras seem to continuously be growing.

Here are some questions for you!
Do you own a GoPro camera? 
Do you think that these cameras are only limited to hardcore activities?

Sources: 
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/money/business/2014/06/25/gopro-goes-public-action-camera-gpro-stock-shares/11344411/

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-10-17/gopro-widens-the-view-of-its-customer-base

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ryanmac/2013/03/04/the-mad-billionaire-behind-gopro-the-worlds-hottest-camera-company/


7 comments:

  1. I like the product that you guys chose to create your marketing plan. As for your questions I do not own a go pro and I do not think that this camera is only made for extreme activities. I think you can use it at almost any event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I do not own a GoPro camera. No, I do not necessarily believe they are only limited to hardcore activities. When my family goes scuba diving, my sister uses a higher end camera for still photography, which produces significantly higher quality photos. However, I am considering purchasing a GoPro for my next dive trip to be able to get a video recording of what I see on my dive. Looks like your group has a lot of useful information on GoPros.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GoPro helps the sports lovers a lot. They can use GoPro to record their activity in any time they want even in the water! People who are doing some extreme sports may love the product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I do not own one. At first, I did think that Go Pro is usually used for hardcore activities like I always see on Instagram. I can't wait to know more about this product!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always want one, but the price is too expensive for me. I feel that so many people have one GoPro because I watched videos on YouTube, and many YouTubers have a GoPro, like you mentioned. Also, I like outside activities, so that makes me want to buy one. If you guys can have a really good marketing plan, I might buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unfortunately I do not own a GroPro Camera but it does make me want to purchase one just to go on many adventures! It's one of those products that if you have it, you might as well enjoy every bit of it.
    As mentioned, this type of camera is largely used in hardcore activities and I do think they are limited to these activities.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The GoPro Camera isn't only limited to these activities at all! They have excellent quality,durability,and very versatile for any occasions&anyone. Because many believe the GoPro is mainly for action sports, we're trying to market the GoPro HERO4 to more families.

    ReplyDelete